1. Unlike butter, margarine, Nutella, and cheese, Jams do not contribute to the cholesterol and fat content of your body. Jam helps maintain a healthy weight when followed by recommended serving sizes.
2. Pectin is a substance contained in all fruits. During the heating process of making jams, this substance gets modified. The modified pectin can help reduce your chance of developing cancer, as well as: Improve the health of hair, skin and finger nails, decrease bone loss, reduce constipation and diverticulitis and help the body form red blood cells. (a caution to those suffering from diverticulitis, seeds in jams may irritate this condition, please consult your doctor before consuming jams containing seeds.)
3. Jams are rich in sugar and a great source of Energy and Fiber. They curb hunger; helping us to eat less and be satisfied without cravings (please note this is not the case when consuming Jam made with High Fructose Corn Syrup). By doing so they also reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
4. Since they are high in calories, the weight loss seekers and those diagnosed with diabetes should use jams sparingly. For more information about Diabetes and your Diet please read Eating Well With Diabetes. It is important that we know the Truths and the Myths regarding Sugar and how it affects our bodies.
5. made with chunks of healthy fruit can help reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack and all other potential cardiovascular diseases.
6. Jam has most of the health benefits of fruit, most notably, heart healthy, cancer fighting antioxidant power. It can help reduce risk of developing various cancers, particularly mouth, stomach, and colon-rectum cancer. In pregnant women, reduce risk of neural tube defects, spina bifida, and anencephaly during fetal development.
7. Jam is a concentrated source of nutrition when made with fully ripened fruits.
- Helps in weight loss
Yummy, succulent plums only have 46 calories per 100 g, contain no saturated fats and are full of minerals and vitamins. Plums help increase the absorption of iron into the body, which may be due to the fact that they are a good source of vitamin C.
Strawberry jam prepared from Strawberries which are the super-food packed with several essential vitamins and minerals with fat and cholesterol free. The Common vitamins and amino acids found in this power foods includes Vitamin A, C, K etc and Tryptophan, Thereonine, Lysine, Cystine etc.There are several reasons to eat Strawberries. Here are the big healthy reason to include strawberries in diet. 1) Strawberries support Cardiovascular and helps in prevention of Cardiovascular diseases. 2) Helps to decreased type 2 diabetes by regulating blood sugar 3) Strawberries also help in prevention of several cancers like breast, colon and cervical cancer. Strawberry is also rich source of Vitamin C which helps to boost the immunity power. Strawberries having strong anti-oxidant properties helps in preventing heart disease and lowers the blood pressure.
Refreshingly succulent, tart and sweet mulberries are indeed rich in numerous health benefiting flavonoid phytonutrients. Mulberry Preserve loaded with pure mulberries has the following benefits:Benefits
- Delicious, fleshy, succulent mulberries are less in calories (just 43 calories per 100 g). They compose of health-promoting phytonutrient compounds like polyphenol pigment antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
- Mulberries have significantly high amounts of phenolic flavonoid phytochemicals called anthocyanins. Scientific studies have shown that consumption of berries has potential health effects against cancer, aging and neurological diseases, inflammation, diabetes, and bacterial infections.
Like most fruits, quince is rich in nutrients like Vitamins A, B and C, fiber, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, selenium, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, iron, and magnesium. It is low in fat. The rich nutritional value of quince makes it beneficial for your health . It has anti-inflammatory properties., treats ulcers, stomach ailments, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels and has anti –cancerous properties.